Job Vacancy for Operations Assistant
COUNTESS OF MUNSTER MUSICAL TRUST & YOUNG CLASSICAL ARTISTS TRUST
Position: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director, CMMT & General Manager, YCAT
Location: West Wing, Somerset House, London Contract: Full-time, 1 year ﬁxed term contract
Salary range: £23,000 per annum
Working hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday-Friday (with occasional evenings when required)
Probationary Period: Six months, with option to extend
Overall Job Purpose
To provide administrative support to the Countess of Munster Musical Trust (CMMT) and Young
Classical Artists Trust (YCAT).
This position is a perfect opportunity for a bright, motivated and well-organised individual
considering a career in artist management and looking for a ﬁrst step. The role offers the chance
to develop a broad range of skills and understanding of the world of emerging artists in the
classical music industry, and assisting in the running of a musical charity. Hours will be split
between work for the Countess of Munster Musical Trust and Young Classical Artists Trust.
Working closely with the Senior Artist Manager, Assistant Artist Manager & Digital Communications
Manager and liaising with the rest of the YCAT team.
Speciﬁc areas of responsibility:
● Liaising with venues and artists over travel, accommodation, rehearsal and concert arrangements
● Assisting with travel/accommodation booking and visa applications
● Maintaining accurate records/information on the Overture database
● Writing copy and scheduling social media posts, updating the social media calendar accordingly
● Updating the YCAT website
● Occasional video editing & content creation for social media
● Other general communications tasks as instructed
● The ﬁrst point of contact for general email and telephone enquiries
● Other general ofﬁce administration
YCAT Wigmore Hall Lunchtime Concert
● Assist in the administration and running of YCAT Wigmore Lunchtime Concerts
● Manage guest lists and tickets for YCAT Wigmore Lunchtime Concerts
● Preparing and coordinating audition application forms
● Administration of applications, audition fees and references, collating information in
preparation for each round of auditions
● Responding to audition enquiries
● Preparing timetables for the semi-ﬁnal and ﬁnal auditions
Working closely alongside the Executive Director to ensure the smooth running of the CMMT Trust.
Speciﬁc areas of responsibility:
● Belﬁeld Trust: to help manage the loan, the recall and re-homing of returned instruments:
ensuring that repayments and insurance of the instruments is kept up to date.
● Recital Scheme: To liaise with artists and music clubs, send payment advice and invoices, keep
the diary up to date, prepare the Recital Scheme brochure and update the website as necessary.
● Auditions: To plan, schedule and oversee the arrangements for the annual auditions.
● Board meetings: To attend, take and write up minutes for all board meetings of the Trust.
● Demonstrate an interest in classical music
● Computer literacy essential, ideally in the use of Microsoft Ofﬁce, Google Suite and Word Press.
● Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines
● Have excellent attention to detail, accuracy and efﬁciency
● Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills
● Be a good team player and able to resolve tricky situations in a calm and friendly manner
● To be ﬂexible and prepared to take on additional areas of responsibility as the workload
● Social media experience
● Video editing skills
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV of no more than two pages together with names of two referees, and a
covering letter of no more than one side of A4 explaining why you think you are our ideal candidate
for this role to Elizabeth Linney at email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 5.00pm, 28th July 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 31st July 2023
If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.